Counselling is a confidential and non-judgmental space where you can talk about issues and problems that you are facing in your life with a trained professional counsellor. Counselling can provide you with the opportunity to share your views, be heard and gain clarity, greater self-awareness and new perspectives about your situation and experiences.
The aim of individual counselling is to help you develop insight into your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, and to learn new coping skills and strategies that can help you navigate life's challenges more effectively.
It typically involves weekly sessions where you will identify what you want to work towards, and through the counselling process, I will support you to work towards achieving your desired outcomes and goals. During individual counselling sessions, we may explore your past experiences, emotions, and behaviours, and learn new techniques for managing stress, improving communication, and developing healthy coping mechanisms.
Here are some of the known benefits of counselling:
- Opportunity for self-exploration and self-discovery
- Provides support and validation
- Assists in change of self-defeating behaviours/habits
- Enhances self-esteem and self-acceptance
- Guidance in finding purpose
- Better expression and management of emotions
- Provides a safe outlet to talk about issues
- Fosters hope, motivation and encouragement
- Teaches effective skills for life
- Improves communication and self-expression
- Improves relationships